Travel Cars NZ (the Company, we, us and our) is committed to protecting the personal information of all its website and platform users (Users) in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act) and the Information Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act.
For further information, please see www.privacy.org.nz.
1. About the Company and the Services
- The Company operates a search engine and platform (Platform) on the website located at www.travelcarsnz.com (Website) which provides the following services to Users (Services):
- Listings on the Website of used vehicles available for sale in New Zealand (Vehicles) based on information provided by car dealerships (Dealerships) and private sellers (Users) in New Zealand (a Listing).
- Search engine functionality enables Users to search for Vehicles according to the Users’ personalized search criteria.
- The connection of Users directly with Dealerships and other Users, who pay to Travel Cars NZ a fee for each Vehicle listed and with the option to be sold to a User after establishing contact via the Website.
- The facilitation of Vehicle sale and purchase transactions between Users, including (without limitation) through the provision of Listings, a test-drive booking system, messaging system to contact other Users and Dealerships, and the collation and provision of Dealerships’ non-binding cash and finance quotes for Vehicles.
3. Changes to this Policy
4. Collection of Personal Information
The Company may collect the following personal information:
- Any communication with the Company either directly, via phone, email, or through the Website or Platform.
- Information obtained by the Company through that User’s use (or prospective use) of the Website, Platform, and Services, including the following information about a User:
- Name, phone number, residential address, and email address;
- Gender and date of birth;
- A copy of identification documentation, including but not limited to a driver’s license or passport.
Information about the User is publicly available:
- The Company may supplement the information provided to it with information it receives from third parties.
- We do not collect any other personal information about Users, including details about any User’s race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political information, or any other genetic data.
- If any User chooses not to provide information when we ask for it, they may not be able to use or access any of some the Services.
5. Use of Personal Information
The information that Users provide to the Company may be used:
- to verify the identity of the User, including for the purposes of AML identity checks;
- in connection with the provision (or potential provision) of the Services to the User;
- to improve the Services provided to the User;
- to communicate with Users in relation to the Services;
- to connect Users with Dealerships in connection with the potential purchase of Vehicles by the User;
- to market the Services to Users, including contacting Users electronically (for example, by text, email, or an online messaging platform);
- to respond to communications from a User, including any complaints;
- to co-operate with any government, industry, or regulatory authorities;
- by another entity or affiliate in the Company’s group to enable the function and provision of the Services;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; or
- for any other purpose authorized by a User, the Privacy Act, and/or GDPR.
The Company may disclose User personal information to the following third parties:
- Dealerships and other Vehicle vendors.
- The Company’s related companies and subsidiaries (as those terms are defined in the Companies Act 1993).
- Users’ may request the Company to stop sending marketing messages at any time, by contacting the Company at email@example.com
7. Disclosure overseas
Users authorize the Company to transfer, store and process personal information in New Zealand and in other countries where the Company has reasonable grounds to believe that the recipient has in place safeguards comparable to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
8. Disclosure of Information
9. Anonymised Data
The Company reserves the right to use data (on a strictly anonymous basis) for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, accounting, and advertising, and other business purposes.
10. Protection and Retention of Personal Information
11. Third-Party Links
- The Website, Platform, and Services may contain or provide links that direct the User to third-party websites (Third Party Websites). The User acknowledges and agrees that they are wholly responsible for their use of any Third Party Websites and any personal information disclosed directly to third parties.
- The Company will not be liable for the User’s use of, or the content, availability, or accuracy of any Third Party Website.
12. Legal Rights and Access to Personal Information
Users have the following rights in relation to their personal information:
- To request access to their personal information.
- To request a correction to their personal information.
- To request the deletion or removal of their personal information.
- To object to the processing of their personal information.
- To request a restriction on the processing of their personal information.
- To request a transfer of their personal information to the User or a third party.
- To withdraw consent to the use of their personal information.
- It is your decision whether you wish to provide your Personal Information to Travel Cars NZ. If you do not consent to us collecting and disclosing your Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with any or some of the services.
- You can unsubscribe from any marketing communications from us by following the instructions on any communications sent to you.
If at any time a User wishes to exercise any of the rights above, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Data Processing Agreement